Leather handbags last for years with good care.
Leather is a skin, and is therefore susceptible to drying out which will cause cracking.
- To make sure your beloved bag does experience drying take care of it.
- If you have a dust bag, store your bag in it
- Keep your leather clean by wiping it with a soft damp cloth.
- Do not use soaps or cleansers
- Rub your vintage bag with a leather cream to avoid drying
- Allow your bag to dry naturally if it somehow gets wet to avoid cracking. This is accomplished by leaving it in a well ventilated room at room temperature. No direct heat.
- Overstiuffing your bag will cause the leather to stretch...it will NEVER go back so "DO NOT OVERSTUFF".
- Leather is a skin and therefore needs to breath so do not store your bag in plastic.
They don't make handbags the way they use to. Vintage bags are not only very unique...they are extremely well made so take care of and enjoy your vintage find.